2/05/2007

Emotional attachment to equipment

Well, I decided that I have to buy the Fricke that I've been renting. I LOVE it. Except for the odd sound it's making now, but I'm assuming that I will be able to figure that out and stop it. Anyway, to pay for it, I've decided to sell my Peacock Tui. And as soon as I decided that, I started feeling...sad? Lost? Anyway, I DON'T want to sell it. But, if I have the Fricke, I don't need it. But I LIKE it...make that LOVE it. It's like an old friend...or a relative. It's the first wheel that I really connected with, and totally understood. I have two people interested in buying her, and I can't count the number of times I almost changed my mind today. I hope someone comes through with the money soon, so that I CAN'T change my mind.

Anyway, I've been a bad blogger. Uhoh. There's really no excuse, though I have been really busy. This past Saturday I went to the NWRSA Newport Spin In. I love going to that. A lot of people from my guild go, and a lot of people that I know in passing from far away travel to go. This year, I rode over with a lovely woman from my guild, Kathy. She also happens to be our newsletter editor, and she does such a great job. This was the first year that I went without my husband, and could therefore spend the whole day there. I took the Fricke. Oddly enough, I had lots of questions about it. Not very many people knew what it was, or had spun on it. It was nice to be able to say such nice things about it. I also sat amongst a group of women whom I didn't know. That was kind of scary and fun at the same time. I always have the best time looking at everyone's wheels, and seeing what everyone is spinning and HOW they are spinning it. I was BAD and spent about $60 while I was there. I got 4 oz of alpaca/soysilk blend from a guild sister, and I'm hoping to spin it fairly thin to make a shawl. Maybe I'll get lucky and be able to work out a trade with someone so that I don't have to KNIT it, and it might actually get done sometime this century. I also bought 1 lb of deep red wool roving and 1 lb of golden yellow roving. And another knitting machine. HAHA, one of the older ladies that was sitting near me said that she keeps on buying fiber because she's hoping "they" won't let her die until she spins it all, lol.

No comments: